Update – National Conservation Outreach Plan
By Judy Stokes Weber, ACI Treasurer
ACI members are active on the national scene throughout the year on CI committees and national grant projects. Readers of The Balance Wheel shared their thoughts via a needs assessment last fall about one project – a national conservation outreach plan.
The Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (AFWA) used this information in an RFP issued to fund creation of the plan elements. Gud Marketing from Michigan was selected, and this is what they have been working on for an adaptable strategy each state can use in its own way.
- Determination of the most effective target audience for this national campaign that includes careful consideration of all available research and any other relevant factors.
- Recommendations for a range of best communication channels to engage with the target audience(s).
- An effective and implementable creative approach, including messaging, that includes careful consideration of all available research and any other relevant factors.
- Recommend types of images and video that would resonate with the target audience(s).
- A national implementation plan.
- One-pager plan rationale.
- Evaluation plan.
If you are attending the ACI conference, the draft products will be presented on Tuesday, July 31. Hope to see you there and talk about your reaction to the draft plan!
You can also join us for the roll out of the final plan at the AFWA meeting this fall in Tampa.
We hope to see you soon! If you have questions or comments, here are some folks you can contact now and during the conference:
Renny Mackay, Wyoming
Patricia Allen, AFWA
Jenifer Wisniewski, Georgia
Judy Stokes Weber, contractor