2018 Conference – Springfield, Missouri
If you haven’t already, go ahead and mark your calendar for July 29 – Aug. 2. That’s when we’ll gather at the University Plaza Hotel in downtown Springfield, Mo. for the 80th year of the ACI Conference.
This year’s theme is “Connecting the Dots: An Integrated Communications Approach.” Conference Coordinator Heather Feeler and the staff at the Missouri Department of Conservation are hard at work planning a slate of world-class speakers, engaging topics, educational sponsors, exciting outdoor experiences and a chance to see some of Springfield’s best attractions. From our hotel, it’s an easy walk to local restaurants, retail shops and the Springfield Cardinals Stadium.
Updates (as of 06/11/18)
- Agenda – ACI 2018 Agenda_v03 (2.6 MiB)
- Register for the Conference
- Reserve your room – just $89/night, breakfast included.
- Note: If the University Plaza hotel is booked, or does not have the days you need available, we also have a block of rooms within walking distance at the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Springfield (block is under ACI). Call 417-522-0250 to make a reservation.
- Shuttle Service – The University Plaza Hotel offers a free airport shuttle service from 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. If you know your flight’s arrival time when you book your room you can make pickup arrangements then. Otherwise, call 417-864-7333 after you pick up your baggage to arrange for pickup.
- ACI Auction – What are YOU bringing?
Sponsorship information is available in the document below, or contact Heather at Heather.Feeler@mdc.mo.gov.
- ACI Sponsor Exhibitor Pack FINAL (4.5 MiB)
Need help in persuading your supervisor to let you attend this worthwhile conference? Here’s a letter that lays out all the benefits. Feel free to use/modify accordingly.
- 2018 ACI Conference Approval Letter-FINAL (15.3 KiB)
ACI Conference Planning Guide
ACI Conference Planning Guide (801.0 KiB)
Future ACI Conferences
Kay Ellerhoff, ACI’s outstanding Conference Futures Chair, has lined up the following locations for future conferences (subject to change):
2019 – Georgia/South Carolina
2020 – New Mexico
2021 – New Jersey
2022 – Open
2023 – Open
2024 – Michigan
Past ACI Conferences
|2016||Lake Tahoe, Nevada|
|2014||Nebraska City, Nebraska|
|2012||Shepherdstown, West Virginia|
|2009||Baton Rouge, Louisiana|
|2004||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|2002||Shepherdstown, West Virginia|
|2001||Cape May, New Jersey|
|1999||Hot Springs, Arkansas|
|1995||St. Paul, Minnesota|
|1993||Portsmouth, New Hampshire|
|1992||Sun Valley, Idaho|
|1990||San Antonio, Texas|
|1988||Steamboat Springs, Colorado|
|1987||Baton Rouge, Louisiana|
|1984||Illinois Beach, Illinois|
|1979||Flathead Lake, Montana|
|1973||Hot Springs, Arkansas|
|1972||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|1969||Bar Harbor, Maine|
|1968||Victoria, British Columbia|
|1967||Hot Springs, Arkansas|
|1966||Sun Valley, Idaho|
|1963||Cape Cod, Massachusetts|
|1962||Sylvan Lake, South Dakota|
|1961||Miami Beach, Florida|
|1960||Marshalls Creek, Pennsylvania|
|1959||Eagle River, Wisconsin|
|1957||Glenwood Springs, Colorado|
|1956||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|1952||Itasca Park, Minnesota|
|1951||Mt. Hood, Oregon|
|1950||Edgewater Gulf, Mississippi|
|1949||Leesville Lake, Ohio|
|1948||Fox Lake, Illinois|
|1947||Higgins Lake, Michigan|
|1946||(ACI suspended activity during World War II)|
|1941||Bennett Springs, Missouri|
|1940||Pigeon River, Michigan|