As we’ve read in Jenifer’s recent columns, ACI applied for 3 grants totaling over $700,000 through AFWA’s multistate grant program. We are pleased to get the R3 marketing grant portion underway by thanking the 17 states that applied and announcing the five states chosen to receive $50,000 each:
- Texas – Social Influencer project
- Virginia – Nonresident project
- Georgia – Young Adult/Video project
- Oklahoma – R3 marketing through digital, social and push notifications
- Iowa – Turning shooters into hunters
We will be sharing the applications and progress of the selected states in future issues of The Balance Wheel.
The 2021 application period will open in January for projects to run through the end of calendar year 2021. These grant opportunities will focus on:
- Email – Southwick will be gathering data the rest of this year. Next year we will select states for pilot projects. Stay tuned to see how you can get $10,000 to do email/text marketing.
- Locovore Workshop – We are scheduled to have a locovore workshop at the R3 summit and the ACI Conference in 2021. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity!
A big thank-you to the ACI Multistate Grants Committee: Sara DiRienzo, Tristanna Bickford, Paul Bejunas, Darrin Hill, Lacey Creech, Jenifer Wisniewski and Judy Stokes-Weber.