President’s Column – We didn’t have a perfect vision of 2020
By Jenifer Wisniewski, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
Welp, we couldn’t have seen this year coming, but it has certainly been a fascinating year. If you have been scrolling through your social media as much as I have since the pandemic began, you will have been thoroughly entertained by all the memes, GIFs, and TikTok videos of how people are making it through the challenges with which we have been presented. And while we may be ending this year in a lot of uncertainty and not a lot to laugh about let’s try to find some hope in the work that we all get to do every day.
If there’s something we have all done this year, it has been finding new ways to communicate. Have you gotten creative with your communications internally or externally? If you have, let us know what you have done! Our community needs our creativity now more than ever. And for those of us not as creative as others, we would like to borrow your great ideas. Email me at Jenifer.email@example.com, and ACI will share your ideas via this newsletter or our Facebook page.
From the Tennessee family and the ACI family, we wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays! Let’s hope we don’t have another one like this until 3030.
Here are some of the things that have given me a belly laugh this year:
- Mountains aren’t just funny. They’re hill areas.
- What do you call a vaccination for male deer? – Buck shot!
- Pollen is what happens when flowers can’t keep it in their plants.
- Geology rocks, but geography’s where it’s at.
- I went to buy some camo pants but couldn’t find any.
- If you mix Tabasco in your hand sanitizer it will not only kill germs but also teach you not to touch your face and eyes.
- Adam & Eve were the first ones to ignore the Apple terms and conditions.
You must be logged in to post a comment.