- Congratulations to winners of the 2018 ACI Awards. And thank you to Blake Podhajsky and the Awards Committee for your excellent work and musical quality of the presentation itself.
We will post the list of award-winners to the website soon. But rather than post the many, many photos online, we have made them available via Dropbox. To view the “grip-and-grin” presentation photos and download the ones you like, click here. We hope to have the “posed with plaques” photos uploaded soon. Watch for updates on Facebook.
- Speaking of many, many photos, thanks to the photo crew from South Carolina DNR – Joey Frazier, Maria LaRocca, David Lucas and Taylor Main – for your expertise. They took a bunch of great shots, and we’ll be posting them to the website as soon as possible. Keep an eye on the ACI Facebook page for updates.
- Congratulations to the newest members of the ACI Board of Directors: Tim Akimoff (Oregon DFW), Patricia Allen (AFWA) and Ashley Sanchez (Nevada DOW).
- Congratulations also to ACI’s Immediate Past President, former Board member, former Awards Chair and all-around great person Kim Nix on being named an Honorary Lifetime Member of ACI. Kim will retire from Alabama DCNR at the end of July.
- If you attended Doc Kokol’s session on Crisis Communications and filled out a trial message map, you can email it to him for review/return at email@example.com.
- Future issues of The Balance Wheel will feature session summaries from the 2019 conference and other articles, provided by this year’s scholarship recipients. Meanwhile, we have one last session summary from 2018, so please read on…